Families can cope with disasters by preparing emergency plans in advance.
Your plans should include:
- Phone numbers of a pre-designated contact person for family members to call.
- Where to meet if separated.
- Potential shelter locations.
- How to be safe if you stay in a home during an emergency.
- How to help older adults or those with functional needs in your home.
- What to do with pets.
- Create an emergency supplies kit.
How to create an emergency supplies kit can be found here.
More information is provided below under "HELPFUL DOCUMENTS" to help citizens decide if food and water are safe following a natural disaster. Information on what to do about pets and vectors is also available.
Pets Allowed Hotels
View a list of hotels that allow pets to stay.