Trapping Nuisance Animals

Craven County Animal Protective Services (APS) will humanely trap stray dogs and cats upon request. APS Officers may set traps only on private property and only after receiving written permission from the property owner or renter.

Requesting Animal Traps

Traps for dogs and cats are set at the discretion of the Craven County APS and are on an "as available" basis. A waiting period normally applies due to demand.

Citizens may request traps by calling 252-639-4256.

Trapping Wildlife

Wildlife may be trapped only if the wild animal is showing obvious signs of rabies or has exposed or potentially exposed humans, pets, or livestock to rabies. Nuisance wildlife must be trapped by a Wildlife Depredation Agent. For a list of local Depredation Agents, call 1-800-662-7137.