Below is a list of agencies that are participating in the 2020 Virtual Job Fair. We hope that you will take this opportunity to reach out to them directly, or email your inquiry to Reeshema Walker of NC Works Career Center, or visit their office at 2836 Neuse Blvd., New Bern, NC 28560. You may also visit the agency’s website by clicking on the agency name.
The information listed is current.
- Craven Area Rural Transit System (CARTS) - Provides public transportation services to residences of Craven, Jones and Pamlico Counties. All transportation services are provided on a shared-ride basis, to human service agencies as well as the general public through subscription, demand response, fixed routes, and ADA Complementary Paratransit service.
- Craven County Department of Social Services - Provides services to enhance the quality of life of the county’s most vulnerable citizens. The general services available are: Child Welfare, Adult Services, Public Assistance, Work Programs, Day Care, Preventative Services, Senior Services.
- NCDHHS-Vocational Rehabilitation - Manages the delivery of health- and human-related services for all North Carolinians, especially our most vulnerable citizens - children, elderly, disabled and low-income families. The Department works closely with health care professionals, community leaders and advocacy groups; local, state and federal entities; and many other stakeholders to make this happen.
- Personal & Professional Development - The Family Member Employment Assistance Program (FMEAP) provides classes, resources, and support that will help your family members with employment strategies, such as: Interviewing skills; Resume adaptations based on job; Wage negotiation techniques; Job search strategies; Assessing the current labor market; Career counseling/assessments; Filling unemployment gaps.
- Bear City Impact - To teach and help local business owners how to leverage the power of online marketing.
- Craven Community College - a dynamic and responsive institution of higher education committed to improving and enriching individual lives and society through comprehensive, high quality and accessible learning opportunities that allow students to contribute and compete in a diverse and global community. We provide: education, training and retraining for the workforce, including basic skills and literacy education, occupational and pre-baccalaureate programs;
support for economic development through services to and in partnership with business and industry; and
services to communities and individuals which improve the quality of life.
- Craven Community College Volt Center - A workforce development training facility currently offering the following five programs: Carpentry, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Small Engine Repair, as well as training for positions held in the manufacturing industry.
- Promise Place - Is a 501 (c)3, non-profit sexual assault agency serving Craven, Pamlico, and Jones counties. Serves men, women, children (ages 3 and up), and families affected by sexual violence, trauma of any type or crime. 24-hour crisis line. Services include: Trauma-informed advocacy, Trauma-focused Mental Health, Community/Systems Outreach and Prevention Education. Services are comprehensive and at no charge. ESL friendly. They have a Spanish interpreter on site to assist you with your needs.
- Veterans Employment Base Camp - To assist those veterans who are trying to make the transition from homelessness or at risk of being homeless, disabled or depressed and in need of a different form of therapy, unemployed or underemployed and needing financial guidance employment resources.